|Welcome to the School District of Manawa|
Current Employment Opportunities: Teaching Applications accepted via WECAN website only
- Reading Specialist / Literacy Coach - thru 7/27 at 4 pm
- Jr. High Spec Ed Teacher / ES Guidance Counselor (FT position) thru 7/27 at 4 pm
- HS Vocal Music Instructor - thru 7/29 at 4 pm
- Elementary Music Instructor - thru 7/18 at 4 pm
- Spec Educ Aides – prefer candidates with completed coursework for Paraprofessional certification & DPI license or willing to complete certification within 90 days of employment. Applications available on website or in District Office – deadline in District Office Mon., July 28th at 4 pm. (32.5 hrs / week)
Mandatory Parent/Student Athlete Meeting
All student athletes in grades 7 - 12 and their parents/guardians are required to attend.
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
7:00 pm - Manawa Elementary School
If parents/athletes can not attend the meeting, they can obtain a DVD copy of the meeting for viewing from the high school office the following week.
Meet the Wolves/Cowboys - Spaghetti Dinner
Substitute Bus Drivers Needed
School District of Manawa Pays for Training, License & Physical
Contact Jim Quinn, Asst. Dir. of Transp. for more information at 596-2525
BOARD OF EDUCATION - VACANCIES
The Board of Education of the School District of Manawa is looking to fill three (3) Board vacancies:
One vacancy in the City of Manawa – Zone 1
One vacancy in the Township of Little Wolf – Zone 2
One vacancy in the Townships of Lebanon / Bear Creek – Zone 6
Any interested person residing in the City of Manawa, Township of Little Wolf or in the Townships of Lebanon/Bear Creek (and are residents of the School District of Manawa) should send a letter of interest to the Board of Education by 4:00 pm July 23, 2014 to: School District of Manawa, 800 Beech Street, Manawa. Interested persons will be interviewed by the Board of Education at the regular monthly meeting on July 29, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. in the Board Room at the Manawa Elementary School, 800 Beech Street, Manawa. If anyone has questions regarding this position, they may contact the Interim District Administrator, Jim Quinn at 596-2525. Board appointment length: thru April 26, 2015.
Summer School Reminders !!!!
- Second session summer school will begin August 4th and will run for 10 days. The schedule will be as follows: Reading 1-3 (8:00-9:00), Math 1-3 (9:00-10:00), Reading 4-6 (10:00-11:00), Math 4-6(11:00-12:00). Please make note of the times. Classes will be held at the elementary building. A class schedule will be sent home if you previously registered and there are openings if you are interested in sending your child. Again, contact numbers are listed below. Remember to register your child by the grade they will be entering in the fall.
- Hunter Safety will run August 4-9, 2014. No class on Friday. Registration fees will be collected on the first day. Students will need a customer ID number for registration. You can obtain this number by calling DNR customer service from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. at 1-888–936-7463.
- Summer School Cell: 920-986-4010
- School Contact: 920-596-5700
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Summer School Coordinator
MES Garden Needs Your Help
The MES is looking for families to adopt the MES Student Garden over the summer. Volunteers are needed to weed, water and gather produce for just one week of their choice. If interested, please download and complete the volunteer form. Then mail it to the UW Extention Office in Waupaca. Thank you for your help and support.
Manawa Athletic Complex
If you wish to make a donation and get a plaque on the wall please contact Mary Griffin @ 920-596-1875.
Snow Day / Inclement Weather information can be found at:
RADIO STATIONS: WDUX 92.7 FM, WDUX 800 AM, WROE 94.3 FM
TV STATIONS: Channel 2, 5, 7, 11 & 26